The Baby K’tan™ Baby Carrier is made entirely of soft, breathable 100% cotton knit fabric that is strong enough to hold a child from birth to 42 lbs. The unique patent pending design consists of two loops of fabric connected with a sliding support band. Parents can stylishly carry their babies in 8 comfortable positions, while freeing up their hands to tend to other tasks or other children. Babies can be snuggled and breastfed in the Cradle and Explore positions. They can also be carried upright, facing in or out, and as they get older, they can be carried on your hip.
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT?
- 8 comfortable positions to conveniently carry babies in style
- Easy to use and put on; NO WRAPPING (see instructions)
- No buckles, rings, snaps, clasps, bulky padding, metal or plastic
- Soft, breathable, machine washable and dryer safe
- Unique figure 8 design and sliding lumbar band (patent pending) offers greater support for back and shoulders
- Calms fussy babies – minimizes frustrations
and maximizes success with your infant
- Creates an ideal environment for premature babies and babies with special needs. See Medical Endorsements
- Fosters Kangaroo Care
- Assists and promotes successful breastfeeding
- Discreetly nurse your baby while on the go
- Unmatched double loop design holds baby more securely than traditional slings while distributing weight on both shoulders
- All contents 100% breathable cotton with cross stretch soft knit fabric
- Innovative double loop design can hold twins
- Matching baby hat & sash included
- Baby carrier can be personalized
- Durable enough to carry babies and toddlers from preemie to preschool (42 pounds)
- Chiropractor, physical and occupational therapist recommended
- Recommended by lactation specialists
- A percentage of the proceeds from every sale of a Baby K’tan™ Baby Carrier will be allocated to the American Heart Association, and to help fund education, medical research, advocacy programs,
and promotion of awareness and inclusion for individuals and families living with Down syndrome.
I had the absolute pleasure of Michal Chesal (inventor and co-founder of the Baby K'Tan) company at the 2nd Annual Baby Wearing Conference. Michal and I had met last year at the La Leche League's 50Th Anniversary. Michal had been our neighbor at the Conference and been kind enough to let us stash our extra stock in her hotel room. Thank you Michal!
Baby K’tan, LLC was founded by two couples, the Chesals and Wernicks, who have been close friends for years. Each family was raising a child with special needs, in addition to two other children. With a desire to provide their babies with the sensory nourishment they require for optimal development, while also wanting to carry their babies as much as possible for parent-child bonding, both couples experimented with different baby slings and carriers.
Not finding the ideal carrier on the market, they began creating different designs to satisfy their children’s needs, while combining style, ease of use, and comfort.Improving and incorporating different aspects from various slings and traditional front carriers that were already on the market, the Wernicks and Chesals created the Baby K’tan™ Baby Carrier!